Mark G. Soderlund, PE is a registered professional engineer in Minnesota and Wisconsin with more than 20 years of experience in ADR. He has served as an expert witness in 32 district court trials and in dozens of ADR matters. He has operated a consulting engineering firm that specializes in construction defects since 1995.
BSAE, North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND - 1984
MSAE, North Dakota State University, Fargo, ND - 1991
Instructor & Research Technician, North Dakota State University
College of Engineering & Architecture. Areas of instruction:
- Structures / Environment / Ventilation / Psychometrics
- Utilities / Electrical Systems / Water / Wells / Septic Systems
- Instrumentation and data acquisition of psychometric data
Principal - Cumberland Residential Engineering & Inspection
- Consulting Engineering Firm and Building Inspection Service
Principal Engineer and Owner
- Consulting Engineering Firm specializing in building inspection engineering, construction defects, forensic investigations, failure analysis, design and analysis of wood-frame construction.
Licenses & Certifications
Registered Professional Engineer, State of TN: 1994 - Present
Registered Professional Engineer, State of MN: 1995 - Present
Registered Professional Engineer, State of WI: 2006 – Present
Registered Professional Engineer, State of ND: 2015 - Present
Member - National Society of Professional Engineers,
Member - Minnesota Society of Professional Engineers
Fellow - National Academy of Building Inspection Engineers
President 2014-2016. Director for 2017-2022 term.
Certified Building Inspection Engineer by the Building Inspection Engineers Certification Institute.
ITA Commercial Inspection Course - Oceanside, CA 1998
Trainer I & II Certificate - Univ. of St. Thomas, St. Paul, MN 1998-99
Areas of Practice:
Structural design and forensic analysis of wood-frame construction.
Construction defect and failure investigations.
Building inspection engineering.
Water intrusion investigations.
Insurance claim support for storms, flood, fire, water, and personal injury.
Expert testimony for construction defects, insurance disputes, personal injury.