This section of the CDRS website has been constructed to provide compliance with the Maryland Commercial Law section 14-3903 and the California Code of Civil Procedures section 1281.96 or New Jersey State law that requires any private arbitration company that administers or is otherwise involved in, a consumer arbitration, including Arbitrators, Attorneys and Arbitrator Providers who conduct or participate in consumer arbitrations to publish specified information related to the arbitration.
CDRS ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CONTENT AND ACCURACY OF THE INORMATION PROVIDED BELOW AS THE CALIFORNIA CCCP, MARYLAND CODES OR NEW JERSEY STATE LAW MAY BE CHANGED FROM TIME TO TIME BY THE STATES INVOLVED AND SOME OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IS THE INTERPRETATION OF THE REQUIREMENTS BY CDRS. PLEASE REFER TO THE ACTUAL STATE STATUTES RELATED TO THE REQUIREMENT OF ARBITRATORS, ATTORNEYS AND ARBITRATION PROVIDERS WHO CONDUCT OR PARTICIPATE IN THE ARBITRATION PROCESS.
CDRS WEBSITE STATE ARBITRATION CASE INFORMATION POSTINGS
- (Case No.) Case Number assigned by CDRS.
- (Arbitration Clause) Was the arbitration demand pursuant to a pre-dispute arbitration clause and if so, whether the pre-dispute arbitration clause designated the administering private arbitration company. PDC – Pre Dispute Clause, NPDC – No Pre-Dispute Clause, Y – CDRS Designated as arbitration provider, N – CDRS not designated as arbitration provider.
- (Non-Consumer Party) The name of any corporation or other business entity that is party to the arbitration and if the arbitration was requested by the Consumer or Non-Consumer party. C – Consumer Party initiated arbitration, NC – Non-consumer party initiated arbitration.
- (Type of Dispute) The type of dispute involved. GC-General Construction, HW-Home Warranty, HI-Home Inspection, C-Contract, IN-Insurance, O-Other
- (Prevailing Party) Who was the prevailing party? C-Consumer, NC – Non Consumer, B – Both Parties prevailed to some extent
- (# Previous CDRS Cases) The number of occasions a business entity, which is party to an arbitration, has previously been a party in an arbitration administered by the arbitration organization
- (Consumer Attorney)Whether the consumer was represented by an attorney and if so, enter the name of the attorney
- (Date Case Commenced) The date CDRS received the demand for arbitration.
- (Date Arbitrator Appointed) The date the arbitrator was appointed.
- (Date Case Ended) The date of the disposition of the Case by CDRS.
- (Disposition Type) The type of disposition of the dispute. W-Withdrawal, A-Abandonment, S-Settlement, AH-Award after hearing, AW-Award without hearing, D-Default, DI-Dismissal without hearing.
- (Claim Amount) Amount of Claim – Note that may cases do not result in a monetary award such as home warranty cases determining coverage.
- (Award Amount) Amount of Award. N/A – Not Applicable
- (Arbitrator Name) Name of Arbitrator.
- ($ Arbitrator Fees) Arbitrator fees.
- (Party Fee %) Percent of Fee paid by the parties. C-Consumer %, NC-Non-Consumer %