Kenneth Fox has practiced architecture in the State of New Jersey since 1985. Thirty-two
years of this experience has been as the President of Fox Architectural Design, PC, Fox
Architectural Design, LLC; Architects and Planners. Fox Architectural Design is a full service
practice that specializes in residential, commercial, and municipal construction projects of
generally 10,000 square feet or less. Fox Architectural Design assists municipalities with their
public works projects, including, but not limited to, police departments, fire departments, public
works buildings, roofs, handicapped accessibility, and all aspects of municipal construction
The commercial projects of Fox Architectural Design include multi-use, multi-story buildings,
tenant fit-ups, and industrial projects in pre-engineered buildings. He specializes in automotive
occupancies, including service, auto body, etc. Fox Architectural Design also specializes in
religious structures and accommodations and has worked with over 15 denominations with
their congregational needs.
Another specialty of Fox Architectural Design is waterfront structures. Ken is an expert in
understanding the implications that water in the State of New Jersey have on the development
of both residential and commercial buildings. The residences must conform with fresh water
wetlands permits, flood hazard area permits, CAFRA permits, Highlands exemptions, and
other permitting processes. Kenneth is very adept in directing his clients to an expeditious
conclusion of a lengthy New Jersey permitting process.
Kenneth has a wealth of knowledge and experience in all aspects of residential and light-frame
commercial construction. He is an expert in Building Code Analysis and has participated in
Construction Contract Negotiations for over 35 years. Ken specializes in creative structural
problem solving for both commercial and residential construction.
Kenneth has been licensed to practice architecture in the State of New Jersey since 1985, in
New York since 1997, and in Pennsylvania since 2000. Also, Kenneth is a Licensed
Professional Planner in the State of New Jersey.
Kenneth Fox has been a Professional Planner since 1987. He has been recognized as an expert in both Architecture and Professional Planning in over eighty-five (85) municipalities within the State of New Jersey with regard to residential and commercial buildings and sites. Fox Architectural Design is also an expert in commercial site plant design, and Kenneth has participated in the planning, layout, and construction oversight of many site projects.
- American Institute of Architects (AIA), Newark Suburban Chapter, New Jersey, Member
- Metropolitan Buildings and Contractors of New Jersey (METRO), Board Member
- National Association of Home Builders (NAHB), Member
- Morris Hills Regional School District, Career and Technical Education Advisory Committee
- County College of Morris, Design Curriculum Advisory Committee
- New Jersey School of Architecture (NJSOA) at NJIT, Dean’s Advisory Council
- National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB), Member
- Commercial Real Estate Industry for Advancing Women (CREW), Member
COMMUNITY VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
- Township of Roxbury, New Jersey, Chamber of Commerce Board Member
- Morris County NJ Chamber of Commerce, Sustainable Committee and Housing Committee, and Leadership Morris Alumni Committee
- Jefferson Township New Jersey Chamber of Commerce Member
- Mount Olive New Jersey Chamber of Commerce Member
- Sussex County Chamber of Commerce
- Roxbury Township Historic Advisory Committee, Chairman
- Housing Partnership of New Jersey, Board Member and Municipal Relations Chairperson
- The Housing Partnership of NJ assists home buyers with educational and financial opportunities and counseling. The Housing Partnership also administers Affordable Housing Obligations for municipalities.
- Kenneth finds opportunities to volunteer for hiking trail cleanups and construction for the Appalachian Mountain Club (AMC) and the Lake Hopatcong Foundation.
PROFESSIONAL AWARDS & RECOGNITIONS
- Paul Harris Fellow Award, Rotary
- Certified Green Professional of the Year
The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) honored me with this award in 2015 and was presented in Las Vegas. This is for the institution of sustainable practices within my firm and the encouragement of clients to participate in sustainable practices.
- Metropolitan Builders and Contractors Awards of Excellence Recipient for multiple
projects from the (2012 – 2018)
- AIA Award
- Ironman Award
Presented by the Metropolitan Builders and Contractors Association in 2019 in recognition of remarkable representation of my local organization through exemplary participation in Association committees and activities.
- Citation from the Senate and General Assembly of New Jersey for service benefiting the Township of Roxbury and for continuing efforts in helping the community.
- 2019 Morris County Lifetime Achievement Award from the Patriots’ Path Council of the Boys Scouts of America for outstanding community service. Presented for my exemplifying, in my daily life, the ideals of the Boy Scouts of America as expressed in the Scout Oath and Law.
- Joint Legislative Resolution by Senator Bucco and Assemblymen Bucco and Carol for my meritorious record of service, leadership, and commitment to the Garden State Community as represented by my being honored with the 2019 Morris County Lifetime Achievement Award bestowed upon him by the Patriots’ Path Council of the Boy Scouts of America.
- Certificate of Appreciation from the Mayor and Council of Township of Roxbury for my contribution to the relocation and renovation of the Roxbury Township Public Library Gazebo.
- Certificate of Appreciation from the Mayor and Council of Township of Roxbury for my participation in the “George to the Rescue” renovation project for Levi Spencer and Family.
- Certificate of Appreciation from the Lake Hopatcong Foundation for my support of their annual Block Party.